Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lucky elephant

First you warm up tin on the stove
Then you pour the liquid tin in a bucket filled with cold water
And then you interpret your tin figure :)

In Finland we have a tradition to melt tin at new year's eve, to predict the coming year. We bought everything for melting the tin for our party on Saturday, but we never had time to melt it before going out. So me and five other friends decided to meet up and melt the tin yesterday. We figured it's better to do it late than never. We had a great time, laughed a lot, did and watched some crazy things.. :D

So when you have melted the tin, you have to read the figure to see what the next year will be like for you. My tin figure looks exactly like an elephant! So I guess that means I will be lucky this year. :) Or that I'm moving to Africa or Asia...? Haha.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment